Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sarazeta's Mananita Shawl

I couldn't take enough pictures of this shawl!

These are all photos of the shawl before it is blocked out to it's full size.

It knits up pretty fast, I put it aside for a bit when I went on my road trip, and when I pulled out the lifeline I had failed to knit some of the shawl edges together. This results in the border stitches coming undone like a run in a stocking, very scary. Be very careful about knitting on a border and make sure that you don't drop a shawl edge stitch!

The next step is to knit up the stitches around the neckline and finish that with a bound off I-cord edging. That will bring the neck opening in quite a bit as well.

On some of the close up pics you can see the fine alpaca fibers.
This is an alpaca/silk blend, also from Knit Picks.
The pattern is from Meg Swansen's Lace DVD.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment